Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lay Your Head On My Shoulder

-
Link Source: Lay Your Head On My Shoulder

Words by Mary Helen Mares

Music by J. Roel Lungay

Refrain:
Lay your head on my shoulder,
Lay your head upon my breast;
Let me rock, let me hold you
While your little body rest.

1
I'll read you short stories,
I'll wish you sweet dreams;
Someday we'll share our secrets
Over chocolate ice-cream.

2
I'll tell you about Jesus
And teach you to pray
So you will always have a friend
To walk with along the way.

(Repeat Refrain)

3
You'll make life comfy cozy
You'll make life so worthwhile.
You give much happiness
With just your little smile.

4
Only God in heaven
Could send such a guest;
A living, breathing miracle
Asleep upon my chest.

(Repeat Refrain)

Coda:
Let me rock you, let me hold you
While you're little body rest.

Copyright © 1995 Mares Music | Fro's Music
International Copyright Secured. All Rights Reserved