Monday, May 25, 2009

Teach Me, Lord

-
Link Source: Teach Me, Lord

Words by Barbara Henry

Music by Fr. J. Roel Lungay

Performed by Juli Maners

Guitars by J. T. Corenflos

Arranged and produced by Gerry Peters

1
Teach me, Lord, to listen
With a gentle ear.
Let me love your people
And take away the fear.
Please, teach me, Lord, to listen
With a gentle ear.
Let me love your people
And take away the fear.

2
The unselfishness of silence,
Tongue that does affirm,
Words that speak of God's mercy -
Lord, please let me learn.
Don't let me point a finger:
Shame, abuse, acuse:
For this is not the way of love,
I've got to break them loose.

3
Speak the truth in love, you say;
Lord, please teach me how.
Take away this anger
I really, really need your your grace right now.
You've told us, Lord, that true love
Cast away all fear.
Let me tell your people
Only what they truly need to hear.

(Ad lib)

(Repeat first 4 lines of Verse 1)

Copyright © 1991 Fro's Music. International Copyright Secured
All Rights Reserved