Monday, May 25, 2009

We Fell In Love

Words by Mary Helen Mares

Music by J. Roel Lungay

Performed by Steve Thomas

Piano by Catherine Styron

Mastered by Roy Tutor

1
I looked her in the eyes many years ago
Took a deep breath to help me say hello
She was such a beauty and new to town
I said I'd be happy to show her all around.

2
I took her to my world few had ever known
Said a prayer to God she'd feel right at home
There's never been another since the day I saw her face
No one could compare to her beauty, charm and grace.

Refrain:
We fell in love, we said, "I do."
But little did we know she would end
What I started many years ago.

3
Time changes all of us but it took me by surprise
To see one day a change of heart showing in her eyes
Maybe too much happened during all the years
Or maybe not enough brought about her tears.

(Repeat Refrain)

Bridge:
Now it's many years later
And as she looks me in the eye
She takes a deep breath
To help her say goodbye.

(Ad lib)

(Repeat Refrain except last line)

(Repeat Refrain)

Coda:
What I started many years ago!

Copyright © 1995 Mares Music | Fro's Music
International Copyright Secured. All Rights Reserved