Monday, May 25, 2009

Thank You (For List'ning)

Words by Barbara "Bobbie" Henry

Music by J. Roel Lungay

Performed by Steve Thomas

Mastered by Roy Tutor

1
Thank you for list'ning,
Thanks for being there.
I had to pour my heart out
To someone I knew would care.

2
Thank you for list'ning,
Thanks for being there.
I knew God sent you to me
When I needed someone to share.

Refrain 1:
Words I'd never spoken
And feelings never felt;
The pain of loss, the loneliness,
The anger and despair...

3
The blaming and accusing,
The failure of a friend,
Obesession and rejection -
Lord, will it ever end?

4
The joys of life, the sorrows,
The up-ups and the downs
But worst of all the dryness
When there's nothing to be found.

Refrain 2:
I reached out in the desert
And I found you there.
I found a friend to turn to
When there wasn't even prayer.

5
You opened up your ear
And opened up your heart.
Even though I knew you feared
Again to take a part.

6
Thorns of life breed roses,
Love comes out of pain;
Joy amidst the sorrow
And growth comes after rain.

Refrain 3:
I reached out in the desert
And I found you there.
A friend I knew who'd been there, too,
Someone to simply care.

(Repeat 1 and 2)

Copyright © 1993 Fro’s Music. International Copyright Secured
All Rights Reserved